I need a job, can you help me?
Jora is a job search company, not a recruiter nor an immigration agency, so unfortunately we can’t help individual users to find jobs, but we put all our efforts to make available the largest possible number of quality jobs so all you need to do is to search for them and apply to the ones you find suitable for you
How do I change or cancel an email alert?
At any time you can edit, pause or cancel your email alerts by navigating to “My Alerts” section of your account page. The “My Alerts” section will provide you with a list of email alerts that have been associated with your account.
If you have subscribed to email alerts and you have not yet registered an account with us, you can cancel your email alerts by scrolling to the bottom of your email alert and clicking the link “Cancel this email alert”. You must do this for every email alert you have signed up for if you want to stop receiving email alerts from us completely.
You can change your email alert frequency from daily to weekly by clicking on the link “Cancel this email alert” at the bottom of an email alert, then click on “Switch to weekly job alert”
How do I create an account?
To create an account on Jora you need to go to the “Sign Up” page, enter your email address and a password in the Create an account form.
I don’t remember my password. How can I reset?
As long as you already have an account with Jora you can easily reset your password by navigating to “Forgot your password?" and filling out the email textbox. After submitting the email address you will receive an email with further instructions on how to recover your password.
It is possible you created an email alert without creating an account, so you can’t login. If you need to Edit or Delete your email alerts, you can still do so by scrolling to the bottom of an alert you received and click on Cancel or Edit - you don’t need an account for that.
How can I edit my profile?
You can edit your profile by first going to “Your Account” page, you will be required to login before you can access any of your account details. From your account page you can easily navigate to the “edit profile” clicking this link will allow you to edit your email address and password associated with your account.
I did not receive confirmation instructions, how can I resend it?
You can manually request to resend a confirmation email by going to the “Email Confirmation” page and submit the form with your email address.
How to apply for a job?
It should be pretty straightforward for you to apply via Jora site. Click on the job title. Then basically you have 3 options:
- You will be redirected to the employer / recruiter / job board website. Please read the job description and application instructions carefully since some employers have specific requirements. e.g. Work and Income website asks you to call them and quote job ID (which is in their job description page). For other employers usually you will need a CV and a cover letter.
- A job description page opens. There is a link ‘View or apply for job’. It redirects you to the employer site. Again, follow the instructions.
- You have a ‘Quick apply’ option under the job ad. This allows you to apply staying on Jora website. You will need a resume and you can write a message. The accepted file formats for the resume are pdf, doc, docx, txt, html and htm. If you have an account with us, you can re-use the same file for multiple applications. You can still click on ‘View original job posting’ and apply from the employer website if you prefer.
How do I search for jobs in Jora?
To find jobs, enter your search query and your desired location in the search bar and click on the ‘search jobs’ button. After you click the search button, you will see a list of results your query and location has been matched with. You can get more relevant results by refining these results in many ways. To do this, feel free to explore the ‘Facets’ on the left hand side to change Distance from your preferred location (if you inputed one), Listed Date, Job Type, Title, Source, Location or Category
How can I keep track of a job I’m interested in?
You can save the jobs you find interesting simply by clicking “Save Job” link that appears at the end of each of the job advertisement’s job details. This feature can also be used to keep track of the job advertisements that you have already applied to.
How can I view my list of previous searches?
To view your previous searches you may need to Sign In to the system to get a precise list of what previous searches you have performed. After signing you can visit “My Searches” which is inside the “My Account” section of Jora. Alternatively, you see this list under Keywords box before you input a query, or on the left hand site under ‘Your recent searches’ once you have performed a search.
How do I create an email alert?
To create a job alert, enter a specific query into the search box and then click “Search Jobs”. In the search results page click on the link that says “create email alert for this search”, this link will only be available to you if you have logged into the Jora website with a valid account.
If you are not currently logged in, you will have a textbox available to enter your email address. Entering your email address in this textbox will send you job alerts but it is different to having a Jora account. You can remove email alerts at any time by going into your email alert in your inbox and clicking the link “Cancel” which is situated at the bottom of the email alert.
Please be aware that if you did not input any location or keywords, the results you will get will be very broad. We suggest that you first make sure you are happy with the results before you create an email alert. If you create several email alerts for very similar queries, you will get very similar or identical results, too. Feel free then to change or remove one of redundant email alerts.
The job ad has offensive content, no longer exists or is a spam. How to proceed?
If you have found any abusive or fraudulent job advertisements, please send us a message via the “Contact Form” with the link and we will remove that particular job advertisement immediately.
If you have found a job advertisement that is no longer being published on our website it may be due to the fact that we have manually removed it from our system or it has been removed by the original publisher of the content. In any case we are not able to provide you with the job advertisement details and you may have to contact the publisher directly.
How can I get more details about a particular vacancy?
To get the most accurate and up to date details about a specific vacancy, you need to contact the company or the author of the job advertisement. The majority of the job advertisements will redirect you to the appropriate website. Jora is limited to only displaying the job advertisements and we do not take ownership of the job advertisements nor are we a part of application process.
How do I upload a resume on Jora?
Most of the time, Jora redirect to the original sites to apply as they have their own application process. But in some cases, when you see Quick apply button, you can apply directly on Jora. In this case it is useful to have a saved resume on Jora.
You can upload a resume from desktop, mobile browser and Jora app (Android and iOS). The accepted file formats are: PDF, Doc, Docx, Html, Htm, Txt.
- To upload a resume from desktop computer:
- Log in on Jora Account
- Click on My jobs(top right)
- Click on “9 little squares” (top right)
- Click on Upload Resume
- To upload a resume from mobile browser, click on Upload resume on top of the Homepage and any search results page.
- To upload a resume from Jora mobile App:
- Click on Profile tab (bottom right)
- Click on Upload Resume
Please note that:
- To upload a file you need a Jora account.
- You can only have ONE resume file saved.
- On Quick apply feature you can upload a resume file, however it won’t be saved to your profile. This feature is perfect for a one-off application as you are able to send a different resume file via “Quick Apply”, even if you have a saved resume on your account.
- If you are an Android app user, you can select your resume file from Google Drive.
How do I install Jora mobile App?
To download Jora mobile app, depending on the smartphone you have, you can go to the App Store or Google Play Store and search for Jora, or follow the links below from your smartphone:
Why is my job on Jora?
Jora is a free job search engine which sources job ads from many different locations including: partner job boards; integrations with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS); and publicly accessible careers listings on companies’ websites. Listing your job on Jora is free of charge and can provide you with access to millions of incremental candidates. Jora typically redirects candidates to the original source of a job in order to apply. You can measure the value Jora is delivering through your ATS or web analytics platform. If you notice something about your ad on Jora which you would like to have changed, please get in touch with us, we are always happy to help.
I don’t remember my password for my Employer account. How do I reset it?
If you already have an employer account with Jora you can easily reset your password. To reset your password please visit the password reset page and follow the prompts. After submitting your email address, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to reset your password.
What are the benefits of having a Jora account?
- It’s free!
- Your account will belong to you, and only you. That means that no one else will be able to post jobs using your details, except you.
- Job posting will be simpler, as you’ll no longer need to enter in your personal details every time you post a job.
- You can post up to 10 free job ads per month
- Access to the full set of product features (coming)
How safe is my Jora account?
- Your ads are securely stored in the Jora platform and only you can edit or delete your ad using your login details.
- At Jora we will never share your personal details with anyone. Your personal details will not appear on your job ad.
How do I post a job advertisement?
Jora allows employers to publish individual job advertisements directly to our website to benefit from the free exposure to millions of jobseeker searches and millions of email alerts. To post a job directly to our website you must navigate to “Post Job (free)" link, which is generally located in the top right hand side of the website, and complete the form. You first fill in the job details and then create an advertiser account using the e-mail address that will receive the applications. You also need to provide your name and mobile phone number.
It may take some time for your job advertisement to be published because it has to go through some screening before it can be published, we screen the jobs so that we can minimise the amount of spam and fraudulent job advertisements that are posted to our free system.
There are some criteria that advertised jobs must meet in order to be published on Jora:
- A clear location for the work;
- A clear job title and description which describes the true nature of the work;
- Clear working hours (one only of: full-time, part-time, casual, temporary);
- A clear closing date for the job;
- It is clear who the employer is;
- The advertisement is a true position paid working for an employer and not a franchise opportunity, training or certification scheme, business opportunity, marketing scheme or self-employment of contractors. We do not accept ‘work from home’ / ‘self employment’ model sites advertising the opportunity to join their database rather than actual jobs.
- The jobs included in your feed should be unique, posted directly on your platform, not copied from another source and not redirecting to a third party website.
If you already have an existing website or XML feed with a list of jobs, we may be able to crawl your jobs automatically. To enable this please send through a link to your website or XML feed using the “Contact Us” form and we will get back to you with further details.
I realised there is an error in the job advertisement I posted, how do I edit it?
You should find the confirmation email you received after adding the job ad, and follow the link in this email. After you changed the job ad, it might take up to a few hours for the changes to be visible on live site
How much does it cost to post a job advertisement?
Nothing. Zero. Nil. All our services to post jobs directly or crawling job advertisements from your website are completely FREE.